Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dead Sea Mud Pak

Hi

I am going to be writing my next few posts on new products I'm introducing in my Etsy shop. In my posts, we are going to be writing about how it is made and why. I'm not giving my recipes away, but I am going to point you in the right direction in the making of them.

Also, many home persons enjoy making their own skin care products as a hobby - this is also for them.
The first item I would like to introduce and write about is my Dead Sea Mud Pak. This product or raw ingredient is good as is. It does not need an add; however, it is what I do. I thought hard about what exactly to add - I wanted my mud to be enhanced and not overwhelmed by other ingredients.

Since my targeted market is maturing, dry, and menopausal skin, I chose aloe vera and carrot seed essential oil as adds to this lovely mud.

New Directions Aromatics writes this about aloe: "Aloe Vera is well respected for its application as a moisturizing agent. It contains vitamin B complex, folic acid, vitamin C and carotene (a precursor of vitamin A)."
Herb Wisdom writes: Aloe vera contains protein, calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamins A, B12 and E, essential fatty acids and is naturally rich in:

Vitamin C which helps maintain tone of blood vessels and promotes good circulation and is essential to the health of the adrenal gland which supports our body in times of stress.
Amino acids which are chains of atoms constructing protein in our body.
Enzymes, which are the life-principle in every live, organic atom and molecule of natural raw food, rejuvenate aged tissues and promote healthy skin.
Germanium which is a mineral that some health authorities claim therapeutic benefits for: immunodeficiency, pain, cardiac disorders, circulatory disturbances and eye problems.

So, this is a lot of good reason to include aloe vera in my Mud Pak.

I also add carrot seed essential oil. This is considered one of the most potent and
effective maturing skin care essential oil as it is rich in beta carotene, a much needed chemical for our glowing and thriving skin. I give several reasons to use carrot seed oil in my product under my description listing at the shop.

When you are making your own Dead Sea Mud Pak product, this is what you may want to consider:

1. Use very little of each add so as not to disrupt too much the consistency of Dead Sea mud.
2. Do not include many adds for the same reason.
3. Attempt to use ingredients that enhance the consistency, like gels, thick rich skin care oils, a touch of powder, etc.
4. The natural aroma of Dead Sea Mud is actually quite refreshing. I thought the carrot seed oil would enhance this aroma if used minimally. You can get a whiff of the carrot, but the aroma of the mud still comes through - cool.

Thank you for reading! Now, go and put some mud on your face and enjoy those benefits!!!




No comments: